BRAISED CHICKEN WITH SCALLION PURÉE (POLLO ASADO CON PURÉ DE CEBOLLETA)
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH SCALLION PURÉE (POLLO ASADO CON PURÉ DE CEBOLLETA). Alimento Base: Chicken, Heat oil in a large heavy pot or skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and brown, skin side down, about 5 minutes until...
- 2 tsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 chicken cut into four pieces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 bunches scallions trimmed and cut into thick slices
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 potatoes peeled and quartered
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
Elaboración paso a paso
- Heat oil in a large heavy pot or skillet over medium heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and brown, skin side down, about 5 minutes until golden.
- Turn chicken, add two thirds of the scallions and brown another 3 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and keep aside.
- Continue to cook the scallions until they are soft (about 2 minutes more).
- Add the wine and use a wooden spoon to scrape loose the bits of chicken and scallion from the bottom of the pot and reduce the liquid by half.
- Return the chicken to the pot, add the stock and potatoes, lower the heat and simmer, partially covered, until tender, about 45/50 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter, and cover loosely with foil to maintain warm.
- Strain the liquid from the cooking pot into a small bowl.
- Transfer the potatoes and scallions to a medium bowl.
- Return the braising liquid to the pot and reduce to half over high heat.
- Add remaining scallions and cook for 30 seconds.
- Mash the reserved potatoes and scallions with a fork and stir in the heavy cream.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the potato/scallion purée on a platter, arrange the chicken on top and spoon the reduced liquid with scallions over the top.