BOLIVIAN CORN PUDDING
BOLIVIAN CORN PUDDING . Alimento Base: Corn, Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray. In food processor or blender, combine 3 cups corn and milk. Puree until smooth. In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, scallions, raisins,...
- 4 cup fresh or frozen and thawed corn kernels fresh are better
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 4 scallions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp salt plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp anise seeds crushed
- 1/2 tsp black pepper plus more to taste
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup coarsely shredded Muenster cheese
Elaboración paso a paso
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Coat a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In food processor or blender, combine 3 cups corn and milk. Puree until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, scallions, raisins, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, baking powder, cinnamon, anise seeds, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and remaining 1 cup corn.
- Stir to mix. Stir in pureed corn.
- Taste and add more sugar, salt and pepper if desired.
- In another large bowl, combine egg whites and cream of tartar.
- Beat with electric mixer until firm and glossy but not dry, about 8 minutes.
- (Begin beating on low speed and gradually increase the speed to medium, then to high).
- Gently fold corn mixture into egg whites.
- Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Muenster and remaining paprika.
- Bake until puffed and golden brown and a toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool slightly.