BACALAO VIZCAINA (BISCAY-STYLE SALT COD)
BACALAO VIZCAINA (BISCAY-STYLE SALT COD). Alimento Base: Cod, Leave the cod to soak for 24 or 36 hours, changing the water every 8 hours. After this time, remove the scales and bones and clean well with a cloth. The second step is to make the Biscay-style...
- 4 thick pieces of salt cod loin 250 g
- 4 red onions
- 1 ripe tomato
- 10 ñora peppers
- A little bread
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
Elaboración paso a paso
- Leave the cod to soak for 24 or 36 hours, changing the water every 8 hours.
- After this time, remove the scales and bones and clean well with a cloth.
- The second step is to make the Biscay-style sauce.
- Wash the peppers, de-core them and put them on to boil.
- Once ready, drain off the water and remove the pulp.
- Separately, put the chopped onions and tomato in an earthenware dish over the heat.
- When they are well done, add the pulp of the peppers, some pieces of bread and a little water used to cook the peppers.
- Leave on the heat for 15 minutes.
- Then pass everything through the mouli and pour the sauce obtained into an earthenware dish.
- Put the garlic into hot oil, and when it starts to change colour remove it and put the cod into the dish for 10 minutes.
- Once ready, place the cod in the earthenware dish with the hot sauce and leave on the heat for another 5 minutes.