ALCACHOFAS RELLENAS CON ATUN (ARTICHOKES STUFFED WITH TUNA FISH AND CELERY SALAD)
ALCACHOFAS RELLENAS CON ATUN (ARTICHOKES STUFFED WITH TUNA FISH AND CELERY SALAD). Alimento Base: Artichokes, Using a sharp stainless-steel knife, trim off the artichoke stems and slice 1 inch off the top. Rub the cuts with the lemon half. Place...
- 8 large artichokes
- 6-1/2 ounces water-packed tuna well drained
- 3 tablespoons finely diced celery
- 8 lettuce leaves patted dry
- 1 lemon halved, and one-half cut into slices
- 1 hard-cooked egg coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise preferably homemade
- 1 ripe tomato cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh parsley
Elaboración paso a paso
- Using a sharp stainless-steel knife, trim off the artichoke stems and slice 1 inch off the top.
- Rub the cuts with the lemon half.
- Place the artichokes, stem side down, in a large nonreactive pot and cover with water.
- Add the salt and 4 lemon slices. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and boil gently uncovered until tender, 35 to 45 minutes.
- To test doneness, pull a leaf out; if it comes out easily without resistance, the artichoke is done.
- Drain the artichokes upside down in a colander or on a rack.
- When cool enough to handle, discard all the green leaves, scraping off and saving all the edible parts in a small bowl.
- Scoop out the fuzzy choke with a small spoon. Trim the bottom to a nice round shape.
- Combine the tuna, onion, celery, and reserved artichoke pieces in a medium bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise and black pepper; toss gently with a fork.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- Stuff the artichoke bottoms with the tuna and celery salad.
- Arrange the lettuce on a serving platter.
- Place the stuffed artichokes on top of the lettuce, and garnish with the tomato wedges and parsley.