CEVICHE DE PLATANOS VERDES (GREEN PLANTAIN CEVICHE)
- 2 green plantains, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 3 cups lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers, minced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Place green plantains in a large stainless steel or glass bowl.
Pour lime juice over plantains. Cover and let it sit for 1 hour.
Add cilantro, red bell pepper, salt and black pepper.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
If desired, serve with mayonnaise and ketchup.
Total Votes: 98
- Main ingredient: Plantains
- Difficulty: Easy
- Preparation time: 60 min.
- Number of diners: 8
- Season: All year
- Country: Costa Rica
- Typical of: Costa Rica
- Microwave: No
- Celiac: No
- Aphrodisiac: No
- Thermomix: No
- Children: No
- Light: No
- Vegetarian: Yes