- 4 portions of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 3 tablespoons of sofrito
- 1 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 5 olives
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 ounce green bell pepper
- 2 cups of water
Place the chicken in a pan with enough water to cover the chicken by half an inch.
Add 1 teaspoon of salt. Cook at moderate high heat until the water starts to boil, then lower the heat to moderate and cook for 45 minutes.
Remove from the heat and drain all the water. Let the chicken cool for approximately 15 minutes. Cut the chicken into 1/2" pieces and set aside.
Peel and dice the potatoes into 1/4" size pieces. Set aside.
Dice the green bell pepper into 1/8" pieces. Set aside.
In a pan add the sofrito, 1 teaspoon of salt, tomato sauce, olives, potato, green bell pepper, bay leaves, olive oil, and 2 cups of water. Cook at moderate heat until it starts boiling.
Lower to moderate low heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir once while simmering.
Add the chicken. Continue to simmer at moderate heat for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.
Total Votes: 49
- Main ingredient: Chicken
- Difficulty: Easy
- Preparation time: 150 min.
- Number of diners: 8
- Season: All year
- Country: Puerto Rico
- Typical of: Puerto Rico
- Microwave: No
- Celiac: No
- Aphrodisiac: No
- Thermomix: No
- Children: No
- Light: No
- Vegetarian: No
- Gallo en licor salvadoreño (gallo en chicha salvadoreño)
- Fruit salad with frozen yoghurt
- Escabeche de pollo (chicken escabeche)
- Ensalada de repollo y atun (tuna and cabbage salad)
- Ensalada de chayote (vegetable pear salad)
- Empanadas (cheese and bean turnovers)
- Empanadas de pina (pineapple turnovers)
- Empanadas de chiverre (winter squash turnovers)
- Dulce de ayote (sweet crookneck squash)