- 3 cups long grain white rice
- 3 3/4 cup of water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
Place the water and salt in a pan over moderate heat. Mix until the salt has dissolved completely.
Add the oil to the water. Rinse the rice and add to the water. Let it come to a slow boil.
Move the rice once while the water is boiling.
When the rice is almost dry, set the heat to low, move the rice and cover it.
Let it cook for 15 minutes then move the rice. Cover the rice again.
Let it cook for another 30 minutes.
Total Votes: 152
- Main ingredient: White rice
- Difficulty: Easy
- Preparation time: 50 min.
- Number of diners: 6
- Season: All year
- Country: Puerto Rico
- Typical of: Puerto Rico
- Microwave: No
- Celiac: No
- Aphrodisiac: No
- Thermomix: No
- Children: No
- Light: No
- Vegetarian: Yes
- Gallo en licor salvadoreño (gallo en chicha salvadoreño)
- Fruit salad with frozen yoghurt
- Escabeche de pollo (chicken escabeche)
- Ensalada de repollo y atun (tuna and cabbage salad)
- Ensalada de chayote (vegetable pear salad)
- Empanadas (cheese and bean turnovers)
- Empanadas de pina (pineapple turnovers)
- Empanadas de chiverre (winter squash turnovers)
- Dulce de ayote (sweet crookneck squash)